- Jeko, the smallest but strong and persistent, loves ear massages and rolling on earth
- Mocca, tender and soft, prefers to walk in a slow rhythm
- Sugar, the wise and humorous senior, perfect for first contact with donkeys
- Romano, the second senior, the tallest, with tractor like power, big heart, clever in opening gates
- Kiko, our yob - young, shy, sensible, strong and... greedy; loves to run around twice a day with Mocca.
- Ticktack charming and lively
- Margarida, a clever beauty
The Tour Guide
Sofia von Mentzingen, originally from Germany, lives this time since eight years in Portugal (first time - four years in Lisbon still school girl). She speaks fluently english and portuguese, quite well spanish and french.
Sofia worked as pediatric nurse, later in cultural administration before she changed 2003 from employee and city life to the portuguese countryside in the southwest corner of Europe, Aljezur. First teaching portuguese to foreigners, then translating. After some advanced training in tour guide and nature turism it was time to dedicate herself to her favorite combination, bringing two passions together: Hiking and donkeys! First the donkey association www.orelhassemfronteiras.org was born, later, in October 2009, together with her creative colleague and friend Elsa Ribeiro, the project burros & artes (donkeys and arts) started.
Feature in the newspaper Algarve Resident
The Donkeys and our Home
Vale das Amoreiras
3km Northeast from Aljezur
Algarve West Coast
More Details and booking via email
Phone +351 282 998 331
Mobile +351 967 145 306